Procrastination is a Very Human Condition
It’s so much easier to do it tomorrow isn’t it? Only tomorrow is always another day away
I’ll do this when [insert whatever excuse first comes to mind]
We’ve all been there. When we say we’re going to do something but then for whatever reason we don’t end up doing it? To coin a phrase from Tony Robbins. You gotta turn your should’s into musts. Otherwise you sound like a broken record
“I should, I should, I should”
You keep going round in circles, feeling like you’re stuck in a rut. You keep saying it until you Should all over the place. Don’t be a baby. Take charge. So that I could I created a unique technique for this called the “VP Technique” It applies the 80% rule, but with consistent scheduled action.
Here’s how it works:
How to Stop Procrastinating and Get on With Stuff
1. Get absolute clarity on what is actually important to you (understand your values)
2. Split all your tasks/responsibilities into 4 quadrants based on what’s important and urgent
3. Start to schedule in the urgent and important stuff into your week
4. Then work through the important, non urgent stuff next
5. Anything that’s not important and not urgent STOP
6. Anything’s that urgent but not important think about how you can delegate it, or remove yourself from the equation
How Long to See Results?
When you do this effectively, it might take a week or two. But I guarantee you’ll be prioritising the right should’s, kicking the rest into touch. You’ll end up getting the results you wanted a lot quicker and look back at those guys still making up the excuses. Rightfully confident, not arrogant, but moving much faster. Out of the average lane and into the fast one. To your success